About Production Methods
At Pronto Print, we use several different processes to print your products. The choice of production method impacts other job parameters like turnaround time, price and available papers. Read on to learn more about our production methods.
Digital Toner Press
Digital Toner Presses are high-resolution color imaging devices similar to color copiers, but with much improved quality. This production method is ideal for short-run printing, variable data imaging, or when you need high-quality color printing on demand.
- Near offset-quality imaging with ultra-fine toner particles
- Quickest turnaround
- Online folding and stitching
- Variable data and versioning capable
- High-resolution imaging up to 1200 dpi
- Printable area up to 13″ x 19″
Digital Offset Press
Similar to the Digital Toner Press, our Digital Offset Press is great for full-color on demand printing, but uses liquid ink, for true high-resolution offset printing. This process becomes economical at a quantity of 400-700 press sheets, and is not suitable for ultra-short runs. Our new Ryobi 3404E Digital Imaging press has made us faster and more efficient than ever!
- Environmentally friendly waterless digital imaging
- Real offset ink for true quality
- Quick turnaround of 2-3 days for most jobs
- High-resolution 2400 dpi with a stochastic halftone
- Press sheets up to 12.99″ x 18″
Commercial Offset Printing
For some high-volume or standard orders, we turn to large commercial sheetfed presses to get the job done. The quality is premium, and we often have a choice of coatings (like UV or Aqueous). This production method usually has the lowest unit price, but takes longer to turn around.
- Ultimate offset quality with precision calibrated industrial sheetfed presses
- Average turnaround 7 business days
- Used for standard package jobs and high-volume color production
- Large sheet sizes available
Also known as inkjet or giclee, Wide-format Aqueous is used for printing fine art reproductions and canvas wraps. The wide-format printers use pigment-based archival grade inks on roll stock up to 44″ wide. We have several papers available for a variety of applications.
- Giclee fine art reproduction
- High-resolution imaging up to 2880dpi
- Long lasting archival prints up to 200 years (in accelerated testing)
- Finishes available including lamination, overcoating, mounting and more
- Substrates include cotton rag, canvas, photo papers, and production poster papers
- Allow 2-3 day turnaround
Similar to Aqueous Wide-format, but more suited to a wide array of products like outdoor banners, event posters, vinyl stickers and more.
- Outdoor durable printing on banners, vinyl, signs… pretty much anything!
- Very large sizes available
- A full spectrum of long-lasting color with vibrant solvent or UV inks
- Allow 1-2 business day turnaround
High-speed black and white copy/print devices for all your monochromatic (black/white) copy and printing jobs.
- Low-cost and high speed.
- Paper size up to 12″ x 18″
- Inline binding, stapling and inserting options.
- Ultra-fast turnaround